Today is my 30th birthday. It also marks a year-ish of blogging on klawclub.com.
I just want to celebrate another day of living (scroll down to the end for a real treat) by sharing a little more about myself. It seems only fair, since I’m always on here spouting opinions and telling people what to do!
Apologies if some info comes as no surprise. As someone who has not one but two blogs and also makes art for a living, it’s safe to say I’m already sharing a lot with the world, just as my default setting.
1. I have a ridiculously keen sense of smell and love to smell things. Good and bad.
2. I have hitch-hiked in Tibet.
3. I have worked as a professional artist’s muse.
4. I love secrets… and I have put mine up for sale as part of a conceptual art work.
5. I have always wanted the superpower of reading minds
6. Or super strength, like Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
7. I absolutely loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer when I was at school. I’d watch it, while talking to my bestie on the phone… the whole episode we’d watch it together on the phone.
8. My favourite thing to do on a lazy Sunday is watch The Lord of the Rings trilogy – extended version. If I don’t have much time, I watch the 2nd disc of the last movie, so I can enjoy the happy ending.
9. I am a sucker for happy endings, even though the academic/critic in me wishes I wasn’t.
10. I hate driving, I used to take the bus even when I had a car I could use.
11. I am a Dog according to the Chinese Zodiac, but I believe I’m more like a Pig – indolent, sensual and loving.
12. I was a big nerd at school. Straight As. Top of the Class all the way. Harry Potter glasses. Grew out of the glasses, but yet to grow out of the nerdiness.
13. I may actually need glasses again right now but I’m proving to be more vain than I originally suspected by not getting my eyes checked.
14. I guess a part of me doesn’t like growing older. Wish I could be every age all at once.
15. I love to sing but I’m sort of petrified of singing in front of anyone who might be better than me, except at karaoke, where all inhibitions fly away.
16. I am romantically in love with my MacBook Pro.
17. I have had a romantic time camping on a remote section of the Great Wall of China. For details, buy one of my secret postcards!
18. I am a glutton, with no sense of self control. If it’s there and it’s good, I will eat it.
19. I have never eaten a fast food burger of any kind (McDonald’s etc) excepting an Oporto Bondi burger which continues to taste great at 3AM.
20. I love spicy food. Chilli is my drug of choice.
21. I am a total sponge. My wardrobe consists almost entirely of awesome hand-me-downs.
22. Death row meal: gnocchi gorgonzola, kingfish sashimi. Not all together. Maybe lunch, then dinner?
23. I am a whisky drinker – Scotch single malt. Yummo.
24. I don’t like cooking, when I was little I said to my mum that I’d marry someone who’d cook for me. Mission accomplished.
25. Despite my nerdiness I struggled with basic maths (the stuff that’s actually useful in everyday life, like adding up supermarket bills) but turned out to be awesome at useless stuff like Calculus, once I could use a calculator for the basics.
26. I’m not an animal person, but I’d like to be. No birds though. Gross.
27. I know pretty much every episode of Seinfeld off by heart. I am a good-TV junkie and will defend it as a legitimate creative medium till I’m blue in the face.
28. I used to read voraciously but I don’t so much anymore. I wish I did. I’m worried that my brain is dying.
29. I am pretty lucky to have a partner who sees the world through similarly un-boxed, open-minded lenses as me. It makes writing a sex blog a lot easier.
30. I am as deeply insecure as you are and I have no idea what happens next. But I’m still pretty sure it will be good.
Now, let’s dance!
The next thing to consider is what I want to include in my list in 30 years time…
What about you – anything you want to reveal about yourself?